One of the most satisfying and healthy soups you can make at home very quickly. How did I save time? I had batches of frozen pumpkin and I bought frozen broccoli florets. This turned out to be one the most delicious creams I ever made. One bowl of this puree and you are full.
Ingredients-1. 500g Frozen Pumpkin (cut into cubes)
2. 500g Frozen Broccoli
3. 1 Carrot
4. 1 Onion
5. 1/4 tsp. Ginger Powder
6. 1/4 tsp. Cumin Powder
7. 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
8. Salt (add to taste)
9. Black Pepper (add to taste)
10. 0,5L Chicken Stock (or vegetable stock)
11. 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
12. Thick Sour Cream 18%
13. Fresh Parsley
14. Bread (pick a favorite, I used Graham)
Instructions-1. Prepare vegetables. Cut and dice one onion. Peel and dice one carrot.
2. Heat soup pot with one tablespoon of vegetable oil.
3. Add sliced onions and cook until translucent. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
4. Add sliced carrots and stir. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Add frozen pumpkin and cook, covered, for about 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Add 0,5L of chicken/vegetable stock.
7. Bring contents to a boil and add frozen broccoli.
8. Cook on medium-low heat for about 30 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add cumin, chili, and ginger powder. Cook for another 10 minutes.
10. When vegetables are soft, remove from heat and allow soup to cool slightly.
11. Blend soup on high to make a puree. The soup should be thick.
12. Add about one tablespoon of sour cream and mix.
13. Cut bread slices into cubes and toast until brown.
14. Serve soup when hot with toasted croutons and 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream.
15. Garnish with fresh parsley.