Sauerkraut and Carrot Side Dish
A classic recipe from the heart of Eastern Europe.
Pair this delicious side dish with fish,
such as breaded cod, flounder, halibut, etc.
Ingredients-1. 1 Package of Sauerkraut
2. 1 Carrot
3. 1/2 Onion
4. 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley (chopped)
5. 2 tsp. of Sugar
6. Pepper (add to taste)
7. 3 tbsp. of Vegetable Oil
Instructions-1. Rinse sauerkraut under running water to remove the excess sour flavor.
2. Add sauerkraut to salad bowl.
3. Peel and grate 1 carrot. Add to bowl.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar to bowl. Mix.
5. Finely chop 1/2 onion and add to bowl.
6. Finely chop fresh parsley and add to bowl.
7. Add plenty of black pepper for flavor.
8. Add ~3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Mix contents.
9. Serve as a side dish with any fish meal.*
*Try this delicious sauerkraut with Breaded Cod Filet and Young Potatoes