Sauerkraut and Carrot Side Dish

Sauerkraut and Carrot Side Dish 


A classic recipe from the heart of Eastern Europe.
Pair this delicious side dish with fish, 
such as breaded cod, flounder, halibut, etc. 

Ingredients-

1. 1 Package of Sauerkraut
2. 1 Carrot
3. 1/2 Onion
4. 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley (chopped)
5. 2 tsp. of Sugar
6. Pepper (add to taste)
7. 3 tbsp. of Vegetable Oil

Instructions-

1. Rinse sauerkraut under running water to remove the excess sour flavor.
2. Add sauerkraut to salad bowl.
3. Peel and grate 1 carrot. Add to bowl.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar to bowl. Mix.
5. Finely chop 1/2 onion and add to bowl.
6. Finely chop fresh parsley and add to bowl.
7. Add plenty of black pepper for flavor.
8. Add ~3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Mix contents.
9. Serve as a side dish with any fish meal.*

*Try this delicious sauerkraut with Breaded Cod Filet and Young Potatoes

ENJOY :)

23 comments:

  1. Hi Jagoda~ This salad looks delicious! I would never have though to use sauerkraut in a salad! This fall, when cabbage is plentiful at the Farmers Market, I want to make my own sauerkraut! I have never made it before and I'm looking forward to making your salad:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't what is about cabbage and carrots but I keep buying both all the time. Maybe the price or the pairing is so good with both. I do make a similar dish and I know how tasty it can be. Just that parsley is usually replaced with curry leaves. A spot-on, as usual for our rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of using sauerkraut as a salad. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaahhhhh.... sauerkraut!!! I also add some shredded apple to my version. And because there is no parsley in this country, I use sesame seeds. Oddly enough, it works! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwielbiam, szczególnie z pietruszką:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. zostałaś nominowana do LBA, Szczegóły u mnie;
    http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would add some nice color to any dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. smacznie wyglada
    co powiesz na wzajemną obserwację :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jagodko gratuluje wygranej ..:) więcej informacji pod linkiem
    http://polskieblogikobiecenaswiecie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/wynika-rozdania.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm, this is so so so delicious ! <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Koniecznie muszę taką zrobić jako dodatek do obiadu, wygląda pysznie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aż mi ślinka cieknie na sam widok :) Uwielbiam !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zatęskniłam za tym jedzeniem

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your precious time to view my recipes.
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Let me know!
SPAM is automatically deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...