Cauliflower Vegetable Soup with Potatoes
Pork Bone Soup Base
Fresh vegetables and delicious cauliflower combined in a delicious soup,
thickened with some potatoes and light sour cream.
Flavored with fresh dill and mild herbs.
1. 1/2 kg Pork with Bones (optional, use more vegetables if you decide not to use pork stock)
2. 3 Carrots
3. 2 Parsley Roots
4. 3 Celery Stalks
5. 1 Onion
6. 4 Potatoes
7. 1/2 Cauliflower Head
8. 1 tbsp. Fresh Dill
9. 1/2 tbsp. Salt
10. 1 tsp. Black Pepper
11. 1/2 tsp. Marjoram
12. 1/2 tsp. Oregano
13. 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
1. Rinse pork and place in large soup pot. Fill with water (~2-2.5L).
2. Boil, and in the meantime, grate carrots and parsley roots.
3. Peel onion and cut celery into small slices.
4. When the water starts to boil, remove foam. Then add grated vegetables, sliced celery, and whole onion.
5. Cook on high heat for about 10 minutes, then set to low and simmer soup for 45 minutes.
6. In the meantime, peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Add potatoes after about 25 minutes.
7. Cut 1/2 head of cauliflower and wash. Cut into florets.
8. After 45 minutes, add cauliflower and cook soup until all vegetables are soft or until desired tenderness.
9. Add some flavor to the soup by adding marjoram, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Add fresh dill.
10. Remove soup from heat and wait a few minutes. Whisk 2 tbsp. of sour cream with some water.
11. Add sour cream mixture to soup and stir in quickly.
12. Mix and serve soup when hot! Leftover soup (next day) tastes even more delicious when reheated.