Vegetables & Meat Pasta Sauce
Ingredients- Prep Time ~1h Cooking Time ~2.5h1. 1 Package of your favorite pasta
2. 2 Cans Whole Tomatoes (450g each)
3. 6-7 Fresh Cloves of Garlic
4. 2 Medium Carrots
5. 5-7 Celery Sticks
6. 6-7 small-medium Mushrooms
7. 2 Onions
8. 1 Large Red Onion
10. Salt and Pepper
13. Olive Oil
14. 500g Ground Beef&Pork Mix
15. 0.4L Chicken Stock
16."Herbes de Provence" Spice Mix17. 50g Mozzarella Cheese
Instructions PART 1 -1. Wash and clean your vegetables. Finely chop onions and celery. Grate carrots and mushrooms.
2. Preheat large sauce pot and add a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Add the onions and stir quickly. Let the onions cook and sprinkle them with some salt&sugar and they will unleash a very sweet aroma.
3. Cook onions until translucent and add the carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Mix well.
4. Cover the pot with a lid for about two minutes.
5. After two minutes or so, add about half a liter of chicken stock. Be careful with too much liquid and remember that you may always add water/chicken stock later if the sauce is too thick.
6. Sprinkle the vegetables with some salt and bring to a light boil and cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Add the canned tomatoes. Bring to a light boil and stir occasionally.
8. Add minced garlic to the tomato and vegetable sauce. (I love garlic, I always use many cloves, feel free to use less if garlic is not your favorite)
9. Let the sauce simmer for about 1.5h.
*Do not boil the sauce, let it slightly bubble once in awhile. Lower the heat to low!
10. Stir occasionally every 10-15 minutes.
Instructions PART 2 -1. In the last 20 minutes the sauce is cooking, preheat a skillet and add olive oil.
2. Add the meat and break it by pounding it lightly to create smaller pieces.
3. Cook on high heat for the meat to release its juices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add spice mix along with oregano.
4. Cook until meat is brown. The meat should still be juicy. Add everything into the sauce.
5. Mix the sauce well and check consistency. Add chicken stock/water if you prefer lighter sauce.
6. Taste and add salt/pepper to taste. Add oregano and spices.
7. Simmer covered for about another hour.
8. Cook pasta according to package directions. Salt the pasta as well.
9. At the very end, slice some fresh mozzarella to add on top.
10. Place cooked pasta on plate, add the sauce, and sprinkle some oregano and mozzarella on top!