Polish Apple Pancakes - Racuchy
it's good to be back home for the summer after nearly two years of studying abroad.
I hope everyone is enjoying their vacation!
My summer is busy, but I will still try to manage my blog regularly.
I decided to make traditional Polish apple pancakes, so soft and fluffy.
2. 2 teaspoons of White Sugar
3. 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Sugar
4. 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
5. 300g All-Purpose Flour
6. 2 Egg Yolks
7. 2 Egg Whites
8. ~3 Cups Kefir or Soured Milk
9. 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
10. Powdered Sugar
2. Whisk 2 egg whites with 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar until fluffed. Set in the fridge.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the apples.
4. Prepare dry ingredients. Add sieved flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
5. Mix and gradually add kefir or soured milk. Continue mixing batter, add more liquid if necessary.
6. Add 2 egg yolks and mix. The batter should have a thick consistency, much thicker than for crepes.
7. When batter is smooth, add fluffed egg whites gradually and mix in very slowly and carefully.
8. Add apples to batter and mix with a large spoon.
9. Preheat large non-stick pan with vegetable oil. There should be a thick layer of oil on the pan.
10. When oil is hot, add batter to pan. Feel free to make any size, I usually make 2-3 small ones at once.
11. Fry until golden-brown on both sides.
12. Serve with sprinkled powdered sugar!