Intense Chocolate Brownie Pie
I'm proud of my little brownie pie, especially since I am only a beginner when it comes to baking desserts. I originally wanted to make chunky brownie cubes, however, I did not prepare my baking pan and I wasn't able to find it! I had no idea what to do then, but I saw my cake pan and decided to fill it with the chocolate batter. I was worried in the beginning, my batter was so thick and sticky it almost ruined my mixer! I thought this would be a kitchen disaster, like I said earlier, I have little experience with baking sweets. This has to change, and I realized there is nothing to be afraid of, just mix ingredients and flavor the batter, bake it and there you go! A nice piece of intense chocolate brownie pie!
*I do have to warn you, this pie did not come out very SWEET. I used a decent amount of cocoa powder, and the first thing you can taste is the rich chocolate. If you do not like bitter chocolate, be sure to add at least 2 cups of sugar (see recipe below). I am not a huge fan of very sweet cakes, therefore I do not overly sweeten my food.
Happy baking! :)
1. 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2. 2 Egg Yolks
3. 2 Egg Whites
4. 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
5. 2/3 Cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa Powder
6. 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
7. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
8. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
9. 1 Cup White Sugar (add 1/2 cup - 1 cup more for sweeter taste)
10. 1 Cup Chopped Almonds (optional, feel free to substitute with walnuts, dried fruit, etc.)
11. 1 Cup Kefir/Milk (optional, used to thin batter)
12. Powdered Sugar
1. Add flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to a large bowl. Mix gently.
2. Melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter on non-stick pan and add sugar, vanilla sugar, and cocoa powder.
3. Mix on very low heat, do NOT burn butter or sugar. Mix until sugar has completely melted.
4. Set pan aside to cool, and add 2 egg yolks to the flour mixture. Add kefir/milk and mix with mixer.
5. When chocolate has slightly cooled, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on high.
6. If batter is too thick, add kefir/milk/water mixture. Remember, the batter should NOT be runny.
7. Whip 2 egg whites with 1/2 cup of sugar until foam has set.
8. Add foam to the batter and stir it in gently.
9. Preheat oven to about 185C (370F).
10. Add batter to cake pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes. Check batter after 25 minutes.
11. Sprinkle powdered sugar on cooled pie. Serve!