Winter is almost here, and this time of year makes me lazy...
We can still make a decent meal at home, though!
This will take less than twenty minutes, it's a great time saver, too.
Ingredients-1. 1 Cup of White Rice
2. 350g of Frozen Carrot and Pea Mix
3. 3 tbsp. of Oil
4. 1 tsp. of Butter (optional)
5. 1/2 tsp. of Cumin Powder
8. 2 Cups of Boiled Water
Instructions-1. Preheat pot with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
2. When warm, add 1 cup of white rice and mix continuously.
3. Cook rice until it turns slightly gold.
4. Add 2 cups of boiled water and mix. Add 1/2 teaspoon of dried cumin powder.
5. Cook rice on medium-low heat until all the water is absorbed. (max. 15 minutes)
6. In the meantime, preheat non-stick pan. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
7. Add frozen peas and carrots. Add about two tablespoons of water to prevent burning. Cover.
8. Cook for about ten minutes. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
9. Mix cooked rice with a fork, "fluff." Add to bowl.
10. Add cooked and seasoned carrots and peas to rice and mix.
11. Serve as a side to your favorite dish with chicken or as a single meal.