Breaded Pork Cutlet with Sauteed Garlic String Beans and Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Here is another traditional Polish dish - "SCHABOWE"
consisting of freshly sliced pork loin, breaded and fried, served with
light mashed potatoes and delicious sauteed string beans with garlic.
This is a classic meal, usually served with homemade chicken soup as a starter.
1. 8 Slices of Pork Loin
3. 2 Eggs
4. Bread Crumbs
6. String Beans
7. 2 tbsp. of Sour Cream
8. 1 tsp. of Dijon Mustard
9. 3 Cloves of Garlic
12. Garlic Powder
13. Vegetable Oil
14. Fresh Dill
1. Prepare fresh pork loin. It is best to buy an entire pork loin and slice it at home.
2. Remove excess fat and smash meat with tenderizing hammer.
3. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Add a pinch of garlic powder to each cutlet.
4. Set aside. Peel and rinse potatoes (2-3/person). Cook in salted water.
5. While potatoes are cooking, rinse string beans and cook until semi-soft.
6. When string beans are semi-soft, drain and set them aside.
7. Prepare ingredients for breading. Flour, whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs should be on separate plates.
8. Add one cutlet to the flour, then add to the eggs. Lastly, cover with breadcrumbs.
9. Repeat this process until all cutlets are breaded.
10. Heat skillet with a decent amount of vegetable oil.
11. Place one breaded cutlet onto the hot pan, then add the second. *Cook until golden-brown on both sides.
12. Heat small skillet. Add semi-soft string beans. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Add minced garlic to the string beans and cook for a minute or so.
14. Potatoes should be cooked by now, drain and mash. Add sour cream and mustard. Mix and mash.
15. Chop fresh dill and add to potatoes. Serve.
*To prevent dry meat, do not cook meat on any side more than once.
*In other words, do not flip continuously.
*Be patient, allow the one side to cook, then flip and cook the other side. The meat will be perfect.