Baked Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
Prepare all the ingredients and just place them into a baking dish!
A simple and perfect meal even during the weekday :)
I usually marinate the chicken overnight, but a few hours before baking is fine.
1. ~5-6 Chicken Thighs (with bone)
2. 1 Large Onion
3. Celery (add to taste, 3-4 stalks)
4. 1/2 Cauliflower5. 1 Small Package of Baby Carrots
6. 1 Red Bell Pepper
7. ~6 Large Potatoes
8. Olive Oil (Spray)
9. Salt (Vegeta, optional)
11. Seasoning (Use favorite spices, I like to use Italian herbs)
12. Italian Salad Dressing (marinade)
13. Fresh Dill
14. Fresh Parsley
Instructions-1. Wash and clean chicken. Place in large baking dish and cover with salt/Vegeta and pepper.
2. Pour Italian salad dressing onto the chicken just enough for every piece to be covered by the sauce.
3. Before baking, prepare vegetables. Slice onions, celery, red bell peppers, cauliflower, and baby carrots.
4. Place sliced onions over marinated chicken. Next, add the remaining vegetables. Mix to spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle vegetables with salt, pepper, and herbs/spices of choice. I used classic Italian herb mixes.
6. Preheat oven to about 190C (375F) and bake for about 50 minutes. Cover the dish for baking.*
7. In the meantime, peel potatoes and cut into halves. Cook potatoes until they are still somewhat hard.
8. Cool the potatoes, they should be firm. Cut potatoes into medium slices.
9. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover it. Add potatoes and spray them with olive oil.
10. Add lid and continue to bake for another 25 minutes.
11. Check to see if vegetables are soft. Uncover lid and bake everything uncovered for about 20 minutes.
12. The potatoes should become crispy and golden.
13. Add fresh parsley and dill and mix vegetables.
14. Serve when hot and delicious!
*To avoid burning-
Mix about 1 cup of water with remaining juices from marinade and add to dish before baking.