Spinach Pasta with Broccoli Cream Sauce
Ingredients- (Serves Two) Prep Time: ~30mins
1. Spinach Pasta (250g)
2. Broccoli (1)
3. Salt and Pepper to taste
4. Sour cream 18% fat or 30% cream
7. Fresh Garlic
8. Grated Parmesan or Mozzarella (or both, you can use 4 cheeses)
9. One Cup of Chicken Stock
This might not be extremely low in calories, but homemade is always the healthiest. This is a great dinner for those who need some extra fiber in their diet. Easy and delicious!
1. Boil water for your pasta. I like to use the 100g of pasta = 1L of water ratio. Add salt.
2. Rinse your broccoli and cut into small pieces. Place the broccoli into a smaller pot with just enough water to cover the broccoli. Cook for about 8 minutes from the time it starts boiling. Don't over cook your broccoli, it should be soft. It should not be fragile (*does not fall apart when you try reaching for a piece).
3. Get started on the sauce, pour 1 cup of chicken stock into a deep sauce pan. Add the broccoli. Save some of the water the broccoli was cooking in just in case your sauce becomes too heavy.
4. Your pasta should be boiling by now, follow instructions from your package. Add about 3 tablespoons of sour cream and mix well. Check the consistency, if you want a more watery sauce, add less sour cream. If you want a heavy thick cream sauce, add more sour cream. This recipe can be adjusted to your preferences.
5. Taste the sauce, add some pepper. Add a pinch of salt, if necessary.
6. Add some basil, oregano, and garlic. Feel free to omit this step or add your favorite spices.
7. When the pasta is ready, the sauce should be on a low simmer. Add water if necessary. Grate the cheese(s) into the sauce and you will have a nice cheesy consistency.
8. Serve when hot.