Rotini with Sautéed Onions
and Mushrooms in Spinach Purée Sauce
( Meat & Dairy free )
The rotini was absolutely delicious!
I highly encourage everyone to try this recipe!
1. Rotini ~300g
Ingredients- Prep Time ~15mins Cooking Time ~30mins
2. Fresh Spinach 300g
3. 1 Large Onion
4. 250g Mushrooms
5. 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
6. Garlic Powder
10. 1/2 Tablespoon of Butter
1. Wash and clean mushrooms. Make sure to wash off the dirt from the mushrooms.
2. Remove stems and slice mushrooms into four-five pieces.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. Finely chop and smash 5-6 garlic cloves. Add less if you find garlic overpowering.
5. Preheat skillet and melt butter. DO NOT BURN THE BUTTER!
6. Add mushrooms and onions. Sautee them on fairly low heat, stir every few minutes.
7. Bring water to quick boil, add a pinch of salt. Cook the pasta according to instructions on package.
8. While pasta is cooking and mushrooms and onions are almost done, prepare spinach.
9. Add spinach to pot, add a tablespoon or two of water for the steam to quickly cook the spinach.
10. When the spinach reduces in size, add garlic and pepper.
11. Stir and set off heat.
12. When mushrooms and onions are finished, add pinch of salt and vegeta. Add plenty of pepper!
13. The rotini should be cooked by now, drain the pasta and cover to prevent stickiness.
14. With a blender, puree the spinach until a green paste is achieved. Mix well and heat once again on low.
15. Add the sauteed mushrooms and onions to the spinach puree.
16. Add the cooked rotini into the mixture and mix well.
17. Taste the amazing flavor of mushrooms and garlic, add salt/pepper if necessary.
18. Serve when hot and sprinkle garlic powder on top.