Green Purée

Rotini with Sautéed Onions  

and Mushrooms in Spinach Purée Sauce

 ( Meat & Dairy free )






The rotini was absolutely delicious!
I highly encourage everyone to try this recipe!






Ingredients- Prep Time ~15mins Cooking Time ~30mins
 

1. Rotini ~300g
2. Fresh Spinach 300g
3. 1 Large Onion
4. 250g Mushrooms
5. 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
6. Garlic Powder
7. Salt 
8. Pepper
9. Vegeta
10. 1/2 Tablespoon of Butter

















 


Instructions-

1. Wash and clean mushrooms. Make sure to wash off the dirt from the mushrooms.
2. Remove stems and slice mushrooms into four-five pieces. 
3. Peel onion and chop finely. 
4. Finely chop and smash 5-6 garlic cloves. Add less if you find garlic overpowering.
5. Preheat skillet and melt butter. DO NOT BURN THE BUTTER!
6. Add mushrooms and onions. Sautee them on fairly low heat, stir every few minutes.
7. Bring water to quick boil, add a pinch of salt. Cook the pasta according to instructions on package.
8. While pasta is cooking and mushrooms and onions are almost done, prepare spinach.
9. Add spinach to pot, add a tablespoon or two of water for the steam to quickly cook the spinach.
10. When the spinach reduces in size, add garlic and pepper. 
11. Stir and set off heat. 
12. When mushrooms and onions are finished, add pinch of salt and vegeta. Add plenty of pepper!
13. The rotini should be cooked by now, drain the pasta and cover to prevent stickiness. 
14. With a blender, puree the spinach until a green paste is achieved. Mix well and heat once again on low.
15. Add the sauteed mushrooms and onions to the spinach puree. 
16. Add the cooked rotini into the mixture and mix well. 
17. Taste the amazing flavor of mushrooms and garlic, add salt/pepper if necessary.   
18. Serve when hot and sprinkle garlic powder on top.



 

 

ENJOY :)       

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! :) I have no idea in which language I should write - English or Polish. But since you write in English, I'm going to do the same thing.
    So...I really like your blog and obviously I'm going to follow your posts mainly for all these recipes. The dishes seem to be pretty tasty and I promise I'll try at least some of them.
    xoxo
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words :) You may write to me in Polish or English, I understand both :D I'm actually Polish :).. I was born in Poland, and left when I was 2 years old :)

      Delete
  2. Z grzybami nie próbowałam, ale jako amatorka szpinaku i makaronu na pewno wypróbuje.
    Buziaczki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must this version of adding spinach for the rotini. Spot on, also the mushrooms are another great combo inside. I shall make the same but a bit of chili flakes for the Asian touch we must have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wygląda przepysznie;] Ja zawsze dodaje do tego jeszcze jajko;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nigdy nie łączyłam szpinaku z pieczarkami - pora chyba wypróbować! Bo przepis wydaje się bardzo ciekawy, szybki i prosty - w sam raz na szybki obiad po całym dniu poza domem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pasta dish sounds delicious. I love spinach and mushrooms, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your precious time to view my recipes.
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Let me know!
SPAM is automatically deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...