Chicken Tortellini Salad with Leek and Corn
Ingredients- Prep Time ~30min Cooking Time ~30min
1. Chicken Breasts (~400g)
2. 1 Leek
3. 4 Tablespoons of Sweet Canned Corn
4. 4 Tablespoons of Plain Yogurt*
*Feel free to substitute the yogurt with mayonnaise if you don't mind extra calories ;)
5. 1 Small package of Tortellini (I used tri-color with ham, I highly recommend spinach tortellini)
6. Salt and pepper
8. 1 Tablespoon of oil
9. Gyros Spice Mix
10. Freshly chopped parsley
1. Wash and clean chicken breasts. Dry them and cut into strips and then into small cubes. Place in container to marinate the chicken.
2. Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper to taste, 1-2 teaspoons of gyros spice mixes.
3. Set chicken aside for at least 30 minutes. I usually keep it in the fridge overnight.
4. Heat skillet, do NOT add oil unless your pan is sticky. On high heat, cook the chicken for about two minutes. Lower the heat and add a splash of water to the marinade container. Mix the solution and add this water to the chicken. Cover the skillet and cook for 10-15mins.
5. In the meantime, boil water for the tortellini pasta. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water.
6. Slice leek into a cross and wash thoroughly to remove grains of dirt. Cut into slices.
7. Cook tortellini according to instructions on package.
8. When chicken and pasta have cooked, drain the pasta and cool the chicken.
9. Add the chicken to the tortellini, add the chopped leek and sweet corn.
10. Add fresh parsley, yogurt, and lots of pepper!
11. Taste the salad, add salt if necessary.
12. Set in the fridge for about an hour and serve when chilled.