Broccoli Cream Soup
with Sliced Almonds
This tasty soup is quick and simple to make.
It will take less than 45minutes if you have vegetable stock ready.
The broccoli and almond combination is simply irresistible.
It's healthy, without meat, and delicious...
Try it out!
Ingredients- Prep Time ~45mins
1. 500g Broccoli (1 Head should suffice)
2. 0.5L of Vegetable Stock
3. 4-5 Cloves of Garlic
4. ~150ml 12% Sour Cream
5. 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
6. Handful of Peeled and Sliced Almonds
1. Prepare broccoli by cutting into florets. Rinse and clean broccoli under running water.
2. Fill a semi-large soup pot halfway with water. Place broccoli inside and boil.
3. Cook on high heat for the first five minutes. Lower the heat, and boil for another ten minutes.
4. Check to see if the stems are soft. Continue to cook until very soft.
5. Mince 4-5 garlic cloves.
6. Preheat separate pot with one tablespoon of vegetable oil.
7. Sautee the minced garlic, and add vegetable stock.
8. Add salt and pepper and simmer on medium-low heat.
9. When broccoli has cooked, drain but not into the sink! Save the green water!
10. Add some of the broccoli stock to the simmering vegetable stock. Mix well and taste for flavor.
11. With the help of a blender, blend cooked broccoli florets with sour cream.
12. When a thick paste has been created, transfer the contents into the larger soup pot.
13. Add stock to broccoli puree. Mix well, add more sour cream if needed.
14. Adjust taste if needed, add more salt or pepper if necessary.
15. Bring soup to an almost boiling temperature and then remove from heat. Mix.
16. Serve in bowl with 1 spoon of sour cream and sprinkle with peeled and thinly sliced almonds.