Spaghetti & Mixed Vegetables in Tomato Sauce
A pasta dish ready in under thirty minutes,
sometimes the simplest foods can be so satisfying.
Spaghetti, tomatoes, and vegetables, nothing else!
Perfect for vegeterians or for a meatless dinner,
remember it's healthy to go vegetarian at least twice a week :)
Ingredients- Cooking Time < 30mins*approx. 3 Servings
1. 250g Spaghetti (Durum Wheat)
2. 1 Large Can of Chopped Tomatoes
3. 250g Vegetables (to save time, I used a frozen mix)
- Yellow Carrots
- Green Beans
5. 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
6. 1/2 tsp. Basil
7. 1 tsp. Oregano
8. 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
9. Salt (add to taste)
10. Pepper (add to taste)
11. Parmesan or other Cheese (optional)
Instructions-1. Prepare vegetables. Add to sauce pot and cook/steam on medium heat with water.
2. Cook for about seven minutes, then add one can of chopped tomatoes with juice.
3. Add about one teaspoon of salt. Mix contents well. Cover with lid and simmer.
4. Boil water for spaghetti. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to water.
5. Add dried herbs to tomato sauce and continue to simmer on low-medium heat, let contents boil slowly.
6. Mince three cloves of garlic and add to sauce.
7. Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
8. Check consistency of sauce, add a few tablespoons of water from the boiling pasta water to sauce.
9. Check taste, add salt and pepper as needed. Add more dried garlic to taste, if needed.
10. Drain pasta and cook with sauce for a few seconds. The sauce/vegetables should be cooked by now.
11. Serve with or without grated cheese.