Spicy Chicken Sauce with Couscous Salad
If there is any recipe I would absolutely recommend to anyone from my blog,
it would have to be this amazing spicy chicken sauce.
This is honestly the most delicious dinner I have ever made.
I did not think it would come out as tasty as it did, the secret was the spicy marinade.
Make this chicken the night before or allow yourself at least 3-4 hours to marinate the chicken.
I am very proud of this dinner, I am sure there is not an exact duplicate of this recipe out there! :)
1. 1 Chicken Breast
2. 5 Red Chili Peppers
3. 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
4. 1 Tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce
5. 1 Clove of Garlic or Pinch of Garlic Powder
6. Pinch of Salt
7. Black Pepper (add to taste)
8. 3-4 Tablespoons of 12% Sour Cream
9. ~100g Couscous
10. 1/2 Cucumber
11. 1/2 Radish
12. 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Parsley (1/2tbsp. dried parsley)
13. Chopped Fresh Chives
14. 1-2 Bulbs of Spring Onion
15. 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
16. Pinch of Ginger Powder
17. 3-4 Tablespoons of Canned Corn
18. ~500ml Water
1. Prepare chicken. Wash, dry, and remove excess fat from chicken breast.
2. Butterfly chicken. (Slice in half through the entire middle, creating two equal pieces)
3. Place in marinating container. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Do not add too much salt!
4. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, oil, and lemon juice.
5. Chop red chili peppers. If you can handle the spice, use the seeds. If not, remove them as I did.
6. Add chopped chili peppers to the two chicken breast pieces.
7. Add a pinch of garlic powder or mince one fresh garlic clove and add to chicken. Spread.
8. Refrigerate overnight or for at least three hours before cooking.
9. When chicken has marinaded, preheat sauce pan. Add oil only if necessary.
10. Chop spring onions and add to pan.
11. Stir continuously, and add chicken along with entire marinade contents.
12. On high heat, brown each side of the chicken breast.
13. Add water to the marinating container. Mix the contents by splashing the water around.
14. Add this water to the pan. Lower the heat and cook chicken in the sauce.
15. The sauce should have a reddish-brown color. You may cover the pan with a lid.
16. As chicken is cooking in sauce, boil water for couscous.
17. Add ~100g of couscous to a bowl, and add boiling water until it is about 5cm higher than the couscous.
18. Taste the spicy chicken sauce, add salt or pepper if needed.
19. Add a pinch of ginger powder to the sauce.
20. *Add approx. 3 tablespoons of sour cream to the sauce and stir quickly. *Remove pan from heat!*
21. Reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency. The couscous should be ready by now.
22. Prepare radish and cucumber. Peel and chop vegetables into small cubes. Chop parsley and chives.
23. When the couscous has absorbed the water, fluff with a fork and add salt to taste.
24. Add chopped radish and cucumber to couscous. Add corn, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix well.
25. Serve by placing 1 tablespoon of sour cream over chicken, decorate with chives. Add couscous on side.