Polish Dill Pickle Soup
Hot and sour soup, perfect flavor and texture.
A traditional Polish soup, popular in the fall/winter but is made every season
since it is so delicious. Tastes best with some bread on the side.
Ingredients- Cooking Time ~1.5h
1. 2 Chicken Thighs
2. 1 Large Carrot (or two smaller carrots)
3. 1 Parsley Root
4. 1/2 Large Onion (or one small one)
5. 1 Leek (white, light green part)
6. 5 Dill Pickles
7. 3 Large Potatoes
8. *Dill Pickle Juice (~200ml) *OPTIONAL (This soup tastes best when it's sour, the more the better!)
9. Fresh Dill (2-3 Tablespoons)
12. 18% Sour Cream (~100ml)
1. Prepare chicken stock, wash two chicken thighs. Place in large soup pot and fill with water, leaving some space. Boil.
2. In the meantime, wash and clean vegetables. Grate the carrot and parsley root. Cut leek into a cross.
3. When water has boiled, remove excess foam that has settled at the top. Add the grated carrots and parsley root into the soup. Add the leek and onion as well.
4. Add about 1/2-1 Tablespoon of salt.
5. Let soup cook for at least 20 minutes on medium-low heat. Prepare potatoes in the meantime by cutting them into small cubes.
6. Add the potatoes to the soup.
7. Grate 5 Polish Dill Pickles and add them into the soup, along with the juice. Make sure to taste the soup, I am a fan of sourness, I usually add a large amount of the sour pickle juice. You may adjust to your preferences.
8. Cook for about 30 minutes on low-medium heat or until desired tenderness of the pickles.
9. The potatoes should be soft by now. Finely chop fresh dill and add to the soup.
10. Cook for two more minutes. Remove from heat and wait a few minutes.
11. Quickly add the sour cream and mix well fast. Add salt/pepper to taste.
12. Serve when hot with a slice of bread.