HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
I dedicate this post, most importantly, to my mother who
I haven't seen in over a year because I study abroad.
I miss you!
Happy Mother's Day to all!
I have included a recipe in this post as well!
Here is a tasty and satisfying Sunday dinner...
Chicken Gravy Sauce & Potatoes
Ingredients- Prep Time ~15mins Cooking Time ~40mins
1. 1 Chicken Breast
2. 1 Large Onion
3. 1 Large Carrot
4. 2 Large Celery Stalks
5. 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
6. 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
7. ~700ml Chicken Stock
8. 2 Bay Leaves
9. 4 Allspice
10. 2-3 Teaspoons of Tomato Paste
11. 2 Tablespoons Flour
12. 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
13. 4 Tablespoons Water
14. 3 Tablespoons Freshly Chopped Parsley
15. Potatoes (2-3/person)
19. Dried Garlic
20. Meat Seasoning (Favorite spices, add 1/3 teaspoon, just for some extra kick)
1. Wash and dry chicken breast. Cut into large chunks.
2. Season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and meat seasoning spices.
3. Set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare vegetables by peeling and rinsing well.
5. Finely chop celery, carrots, onion, and red pepper.
6. Heat large sauce pan and cook chicken. Skip the oil here if you have a high quality, non-stick pan.
7. When chicken browns, add onion. Mix well and cook together.
8. Add the rest of the finely diced vegetables. (I actually cut my carrots into half-moon shapes)
9. Mix well, and add chicken stock. Add enough to cover all the contents, but no more than that.
10. Add bay leaves and allspice. Cover pot and simmer for at least 25 minutes, or until desired vegetable tenderness.
11. During this time, you should check on the contents and mix at least twice.
12. To thicken the sauce, add flour and sour cream mixed with water and mix until no grains are visible.
13. Be careful, quickly add the mixture and mix the sauce right away and very fast! If the sauce is too hot, you will have chunks of sour cream/flour that will not ever dissolve.
14. Bring the sauce to a boil, you should notice the sauce becoming thicker. You may wait until desired thickness is achieved. You may also add more flour/sour cream mixture.
15. Chop fresh parsley and add to sauce. Mix well.
16. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
17. Peel and wash potatoes. Cook until soft and mash with some butter/cream/milk, your choice.
18. Serve on plate with mashed potatoes and add sauce with chicken chunks. Garnish with parsley.