with Mixed Vegetables
( Naturally Thickened - Dairy Free! )
This is a great recipe for those who want a thicker soup without adding heavy cream.
The trick is to add a few potatoes and blend the soup at the very end with some other vegetables.
Tasty and healthy! Try it out!
Ingredients- Prep Time ~15mins Cooking Time~ 3h
1. Chicken + Bones (Feel free to use Two Chicken Legs, Thighs, or like I used, One Chicken Carcass)
2. Vegetables for Chicken Stock (5 Carrots, 1 onion, 5 Parsley Roots, 1 Celery Root, 1 Light Part of Leek)
3. Celery Stalks (4-5 Sticks)
4. 2 Large Potatoes
5. Mushrooms 250g
7. Salt and Pepper
8. Fresh Parsley
9. 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Marjoram
10. Vegeta (optional)
12. Bay Leaves
1. Like for most of my soups, the secret rich flavor starts with the base, a golden stock.
2. I used a chicken carcass, wash and clean. Add to large soup pot and fill with water. Leave some space for the vegetables, do not overflow the pot or it will leave a mess.
3. Cook on high heat, collect foam once chicken starts to boil.
4. When most of the foam has been removed, add clean and chopped vegetables. Do not add mushrooms or potatoes, yet.
5. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes, and lower to simmer. Add 3 bay leaves and allspice.
6. Peel and chop potatoes into small cubes. Add to soup.
7. Leave for about 2 hours on a very low simmer.
8. When the soup is rich and gold, remove the chicken bones/carcass.
9. Remove most of the carrots and set aside and save, we will reuse them soon.
10. Take the pot off the heat, let it slightly cool.
11. Heat skillet and add oil. Sautee mushrooms.
12. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper.
13. Set mushrooms aside, use blender and blend all the vegetables in the chicken stock.
14. The soup should be somewhat thick, especially due to the potatoes. Add in the mushrooms, now.
15. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Add a teaspoon of vegeta, if you please. Add marjoram.
16. Reheat soup and cook on low-medium heat for about five minutes, add fresh parsley in the last 2 minutes.
17. Taste soup, season again if needed. Cut cooked carrots into thin slices and add to soup.18. Serve when hot.