Pizza with Extra Cheese & Toppings
It has been days since I posted,
I have been away at my Grandma's house the past week.
It was a nice break, now back to reality and university life, exams are coming up but I will try to
keep updating with delicious recipes :) Please be patient :)
Here is my recipe for delicious homemade pizza.
I know that most people don't add egg yolk, but the dough just seems
to come out better when I add just one. I hope some of you try it out,
it's actually addicting and very fun to make ;)
Ingredients- Prep Time ~1.5h Baking Time ~20mins.
1. 500g White Flour
2. 1 Egg Yolk
3. 1/2 Cup Warm-Hot Milk (not boiling!)
4. 50g Fresh Yeast
5. 1 Teaspoon of White Sugar
6. 2 Tablespoons of Oil
7. 1 Teaspoon of Salt
1. 5 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2. Pinch of Salt
3. Pinch of Pepper
4. 1 Clove Fresh Garlic
5. 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
6. Pinch of Oregano
7. Pinch of Basil
8. Pinch of Sugar
9. 2 Tablespoons of Boiled Water
Toppings- (Of course, feel free to substitue with your favorite toppings, this list includes what I used)
1. Grated Mozzarella Cheese (2-3 Handfuls)
2. Cold Cuts (Deli Ham etc. , I usually use Salami)
3. 1 Red Bell Pepper
4. 1 Onion
5. Sweet Canned Corn
1. Place 500g of plain white flour on a table. Add 1 egg yolk onto the flour. Add the salt and oil, as well.
2. Heat 1/2 Cup of milk. (It is easy to boil milk, do not overcook it because the yeast will die.)
3. Crumble 50g of fresh yeast into the cup with warm-hot milk.
4. Mix gently but make sure the yeast has dissolved.
5. Add the sugar to the cup and mix well. Yeast love sugar, they will grow nicely if you add it.
6. Once everything has been mixed thorougly, pour the yeast mixture onto the flour with the egg yolk.
7. With the help of a man with strong arms (optional), mix the liquid with dry ingredients and form the dough.
8. For about ten minutes, constantly form the dough mixing everything well and adding force to the dough.
9. Once a soft ball has been formed with the help of some strong hands, set the dough aside.
10. Cover the dough with a cloth and set aside for about an hour in a warm place. It must be warm!!!
11. During this time, it is easy to make a tomato sauce pizza base. Chop a clove of garlic and heat in a small pot with olive oil, add five tablespoons of tomato paste. Add two tablespoons of water or more, the sauce has to be thick or the pizza will be too moist. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and sugar to taste.
12. Set the sauce aside, prepare toppings by chopping one onion and red bell pepper. Cut ham into slices.
13. Set oven for 200C.
14. After about an hour the pizza dough should double in size and be very soft and filled with air.
15. Punch the dough and spread on desired baking tray.
16. Spread tomato sauce onto the dough. Sprinkle some oregano on top.
17. Add the sliced onion and red pepper.
18. Add the ham, if you are using salami you may place it on top before anything else.
19. Add sweet corn on top, as much as desired.
20. Cover toppings with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle pizza with some oregano/basil.
21. Place in heated oven and bake for about twenty minutes, no more or the pie will be too crispy/tough.
22. Serve with homemade garlic sauce! CLICK -> Homemade Garlic Sauce Recipe