Forest Fruit Puff Pastries
Quick and simple to make, great for beginners that do not have years of experience in baking :)
It would be great to make puff pastry from scratch,
but to save time and make this recipe fair to everyone,
I used store-bought that tastes almost like homemade.
In the near future, I will make more sweets! :)
Ingredients- Baking Time- ~25mins1. Fresh Puff Pastry (store-bought, refrigerated)
2. Frozen Forest Fruit Mix
4. White Sugar
Instructions-1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. If using frozen fruit, thaw for a few hours before making.
3. Sweeten fruit by adding sugar during the thawing process, add about 1 tablespoon.
4. Unpack puff pastry, and cut into shapes as shown above in pictures.
5. First, cut entire piece into two.Then cut into halves, again. There should be four equal pieces.
6. Cut horizontally three times to create 16 equal square pieces. Try to make them as equal as possible.
7. Take the first top corners and bring them into the center. Stick them together with your fingertip.
8. Repeat this step for the bottom corners to create the shape seen above in the photos.
9. Place desired fruit in the center and decorate around the center with fruit of your choice.
10. Be creative, make one square using all types of fruit or make just one with only cranberries.
11. Repeat steps until all 16 squares are filled with fruit.
12. Smear/Brush top edges of pastries with egg yolk. You may use a painting/cooking brush.
13. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden-brown.
14. You may sprinkle sugar on top of the fruit before baking. I also baked 8 at once, only.
15. Remember, leave some room between the pastries, they will grow. Do not worry if from the rising process the fruit falls off the pastry, you may add it back on after baking.